Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I" or "I am" itself creates the physical prison







There is nothing as sacred of Self-Knowledge. Realization of self-drives way the ignorance.

Self-Awareness frees ‘Self’ from the burden and bondage of illusory duality.  It is the self that is in illusion. When it becomes aware of its true nature the universe is mere mirage to the self which is formless and non-dual in its nature. Thus the thoughts and words are part of the illusory existence. 

Many spiritual masters say that sticking to "I am" is way out from the physical shackles. But that"I" or  "I am" itself creates the physical  prison. The one, which expresses itself as 'I', is not 'I' but it is formless consciousness. Therefore the ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ is not the self. Considering the ‘I’ or ‘I AM as self is erroneous.  The self, which is in the form of consciousness   cannot be called anything nor approached because it is prior to anything that exists. When the consciousness is the substance of the whole universe  and its contents thoughts and words  and it is not a thing or entity or identity within the physical existence but it pervades the whole physical existence than it is erroneous to limit the ‘I’ to the physical entity alone. 

one has to grasp mentally the existence of the formless witness.' I or 'I' am is mere expression.

The whole physical existence or universe is an expression. Thus physical existence or universe is mere illusion. The man and his experience of the world and his belief of god are within the illusory expression.  The diversity is created out of single substance and knowing that single substance brings unity in diversity in consciousness. 

Thus the universe [duality]  is mere illusion. That is mind is an illusion. The one that has this illusion is the consciousness, which is the innermost self.

Therefore it is erroneous to seek truth on the base of 'I' because 'I' is not self. It very much necessary to rectify the seeking base by proper understanding  of the fact that ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ is not the  self before indulging in the pursuit of truth.

As long as a person has a firm conviction that 'I' is self, he will not be able to understand ,assimilate and realize the non-dual truth, Because whatever knowledge one assimilate he assimilates as a person, which adds to his existing accumulated information. Therefore, seeker has to discover the fact that 'I' is not the self but 'I' is the whole universe, which appears in the form of mind. Universe is mere mirage.  The duality is experienced only when the universe is present. Thus universe is duality. Consciousness is formless substance and witness of the universe.   Thus consciousness is the true self and cause of the universe but it itself is uncaused because no second thing exist other than it.

It is necessary to have firm conviction 'I' is not self but the formless consciousness is the true self. To understand, assimilate and realize the non-dual truth