Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If you feel the ‘Self’ is the ‘I’ then You are not a wise seeker.***



The Soul, which is present in the form of the consciousness  is the  cause of the world in which you exist and it itself is uncaused.

 The ‘I’ implies the duality.   The ‘I’  is present in the form of  the mind.  The mind is present in the form of  the universe. The universe appears as  the waking or dream(duality)  and diapers as deep sleep nonduality.  The one that becomes duality and the one that becomes nonduality is the Soul, which is present in the form of the consciousness. the ‘I’ is mere an illusion created out of the consciousness.

The one which is aware of the coming and going,  of the ‘I’,   is the formless Soul, which is present in the form of consciousness.

 When the Soul  wakes up from its sleep of the ignorance  the midst of duality it is called “Self–awareness". It is foolish to limit the consciousness only to  the physical body because the consciousness pervades  in everything and everywhere in all the  world in which you exist.

Brihadaranyaka Upanishad- The “Self’ is indeed Brahman (consciousness) , but through ignorance people identify it with intellect, mind, senses, passions, and the elements of earth, water, air, space, and fire. This is why the 'Self’'  is said to consist of this and that and appears to be everything. 

If the Self is not ‘I’ but the Self is the Soul then on the standpoint of the Soul, the innermost Self:
 ~ 
Where is the ‘I’? 


Where is the ego? 


Where is the body? 


Where is the mind?


Where is the world in which you exist?


Where is the form, time,  and space? 


Where is the waking experience?


Where is the duality? 


Where is void?

They are or have become one with the Soul which is present in the form of the consciousness. The consciousness is the ultimate truth or Brahman.

The ‘I’ is present only when the mind is present. The mind is present only when the world is present. The world is present only when there is the waking experience. 

Deeper self-search reveals the fact that, the waking experience is not considered different from the world. The world is not considered different from the mind. The mind is not considered different from the’ I’. This truth has to be assimilated. 

The ‘I’ is mere an illusion created out of the Soul, which is present in the form of the consciousness. ‘I’ is not the subject. The ‘I’ is an object to the Soul, which is the formless, timeless and spaceless subject. 


If the ‘I’ is an illusion then the world in which you exist is bound to be an illusion.


If the ‘I’ is an illusion then three states, are bound to be an illusion. 


If the ‘I’ is an illusion then the form, time, and space are bound to be an illusion. 


If the 'I’ is an illusion then the individual experience of the birth, life, death is bound to be an illusion. 


If the ‘I’ is an illusion then the words and thoughts are bound to be an illusion.


If the ‘I’ is an illusion then the duality is bound to be an illusion. 


The seeker has to make sure what is this ‘I’ supposed to be? The seeker has to make sure the unreal nature of the ‘I’ which comes and goes. 

That is why Bhagavad Gita: ~ The permanent is always there, only the transient ‘I’ comes and goes. (2.18)

The ‘I’ hides the truth of the whole.
 

People think the ‘I’ without the body is the Self. The seeker has to understand the fact that the fact that ‘I’ is not the Self, but the witness of the ‘I’ is the true Self, which is eternal. 

That is why 
Ashtavakra Gita 16:10:~ If you desire liberation, but you still say "I," If you feel the ‘Self’ is the ‘I’, You are not a wise man or a seeker. You are simply a man who suffers.