Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sage Sri Ramana Maharishi:~ Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world.***



Most of the modern Gurus are also stuck with the ‘I’ awareness as Self-awareness. The ‘I’ awareness is present only when the mind is present. The mind is present only when the universe is present. The universe is present only when the waking or dream is present. The ‘I’ awareness is absent when the mind is absent. The Mind is absent then the universe or waking or dream is absent. Thus, the ‘I’ awareness is mere illusion. The Self-awareness is the ‘I- LESS AWARENESS.

Self- Knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana cannot be attained by reasoning based on the ‘I’ (physical based). Self- Knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana becomes easy of comprehension through Soulcentric reasoning. One has to attain Self- Knowledge right now in this very life not in the next world or the next life.

Without knowing what is Self, holding ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ as Self is erroneous. People say ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ as Self because they have read it or someone has told them or they think it is ultimate truth without verification through deeper Self-search. Accepting truth without verification is mere assumption or speculation. Such assumptions and speculation blocks one from realizing the nondualistic Advaitic truth. Holding ‘I’ or ‘I AM ‘as Self,   fuels the egocentricity.    

No one can honestly say that he knows the ultimate truth unless he is Soul centric. Yet mystics’ Godmen glibly say, "I know God."  And “I AM GOD”.   

If the ‘I’ is there, then the mind is there. If the mind is there, then the universe is there. And the universe is present only when waking or dream is present.

One sees differences between things because of the ignorance; all these differences would vanish when one gets wisdom and the various thoughts arise because one considers ‘I’ as the Self.

There is a need to dismantle the inherited physical structure mentally to overcome the duality. The whole physical structure is built on the foundation of the ‘I’. Since they think the ‘I’ as the Self, it becomes difficult to grasp and assimilate and realize the non-dualistic or Advaitic truth.
The ‘I’, appears and disappears as mind (waking or dream) is impermanent, hence it is not the Self. The formless knower of the ‘I’ (waking or dream) is the true Self. Since, people think whatever is propagated by any Guru or a yogi as ultimate truth and blindly accept it as truth, without verifying the validity of their preaching. This blind acceptance becomes a big hindrance in pursuit of truth. If one is seeking  the truth, one has to verify the validity of any claim through inquiry, analysis and reasoning on the true base, and accept only the uncontradictable truth.

Self- Knowledge  or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana is not brought about by any other means than  Soulcentric  reasoning. Trying to acquire  Self-knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana through other means is like trying to find fish in the desert sand.

 The seeker has to know :~

v  What is ‘I’?
v   
v  How this universe is created?
v   
v  Of what material is this universe made?

Deeper self-search reveals the fact that:~ The  Self is neither the body, nor the ‘I’.  The Self is within the universe, but it is apart from the universe and its contents. The seeker must proceed  deeper self-search to realize the truth which is beyond the form, time, and  space.

Sage Sri Ramana Maharishi:~  Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. it does not correct anyone. Because it shines the whole world is full of light.  Transforming yourself is the means of giving light to the whole world. (TOI-P-125-912)