Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The only medicine that one can cure his ego is a little spoon of "humility.



Those with an iota of humility will be able to recognize what they know about the true self is so little in comparison to what they need to know. The only medicine that one can cure his ego is a little spoon of "humility." Without this medicine, he will likely argue forever and lose the path to attain freedom from experiencing the duality as reality.

The first step for seeker to take is to study to understand the fact the ‘I’ based understanding is the cause of all misunderstanding and becomes main hurdle in the pursuit of truth.  The seeker has to view and judge the worldview on the base of true self, to clear our own misunderstandings and hurdle mentally by perfect understanding.

 The doer ship is part and parcel of the illusion. In the doer ship the physical body with the name is the author of the action.  In the realm of truth, there is no scope even for knowledge of enjoyer ship   or doer ship to say "I am not an enjoyer, I am not a doer".  Thus the sense of ‘I’ exists only in duality and it becomes ‘I’- less in the realm of truth. Thus to say I am that, and I am this, or I am as I am, or who am ‘I’, what am I , it  is ok  for beginners. But the  seeker who becomes aware f the fact that ‘I’ is not self has to drop identifying the ‘I’ as self.  This is difficult task for the seekers in the beginning, but gradually when the mind becomes receptive; then it will start accepting the fact that ‘I’ is not the self, but formless witness is the self.

The one who thinks ‘I’ is the self is bound by illusory duality. The sense of ‘I’ - 'I am'  is the notion - that is I am the Self - it is a notion since it is not true, but one who feels it is true is bound by that feeling, since all his actions are colored by that notion that I am is the self – ‘I’ is the false entity within the false experience.

The mind includes the body and the whole universe.  Limiting the mind to the physical entity is the cause of the ego. Because of the identification with the false self, the ego becomes dominant. When ego is dominant the illusory duality becomes reality. The only path is through realizing the Atman/spirit, as true self.

People think that, more they think, the more they will get; but it is really an error. It remains only a thought and gives them back only thoughts.  Anything seen, observed, cannot be the Self or the Witness. 

Consciousness (soul) is the substance and witness of the duality.  The duality is present in the form of mind. Mind is present in the form of universe. The universe appears as waking or dream and diapers as deep sleep. The one which is aware of the coming and going of the three states is neither the waking entity nor the dream entity but the formless soul, which is present in the form of consciousness.  When the soul becomes aware of its formless non-dual true nature in the midst of duality it is called self –awareness. It is foolish to limit the consciousness only to duality because the consciousness pervades all the three states