Thursday, November 29, 2012

The ‘I’ based accumulated knowledge is the mother of all misunderstanding and it becomes main hurdle in the pursuit of truth




People speak of getting rid of conditioning or samskara but they themselves are unaware of the fact that, the universe in which they exist is product of the inborn samskara or conditioning.  The ignorance is cause of the inborn samskara or conditioning which present as ‘I’ or ‘I AM’. 

The real Moksha or freedom is   to realize the fact that ‘I’ consciousness is mere physical awareness. Physical awareness is not self-awareness. The self –awareness is when the formless soul or consciousness remains aware of its own non-dual   true nature. FORMLESS PATH

Non-dualistic truth is supreme truth; all dualistic systems hold false self as real self and false experience as reality.  Non- dualistic wisdom is culmination of all systems including theistic non-duality.   The true non-dualist will not quarrel and argue with any theoretical philosophy because he is fully aware of the fact that, this orthodox theistic non-dualistic scholars or pundits like Dualist sages could not distinguish between ‘I’ and ‘formless witness.’ The 'I' was the witness. Their highest was the Jiva. One is so much attached to the 'I' that he do not want to think that 'I' does not exist. Again one is unable to detach the ‘I’ from the Real witness.   

The ‘I’ based accumulated knowledge is the mother of all misunderstanding and it becomes main hurdle in the pursuit of truth.  The Seeker has to learn to view and judge the three states on the base of the formless witness, to mentally clear his cobweb of all confusions and hurdle by perfect understanding.

The formless soul consciousness is the innermost self and it is the formless substance and witness and also the source of the three states.  Therefore by realizing the formless substance, witness and the source are one is essence the duality ceases and non-dual reality prevails as ultimate reality.  

 The doer ship is part and parcel of the illusion. In doer ship the physical body with the name is the author of the action.  In the realm of truth, there is no scope even for knowledge of enjoyer ship   or doer ship to say "I am not an enjoyer, I am not a doer".  Thus the sense of ‘I’ exists only in duality and it becomes ‘I’- less in the realm of truth. Thus to say I am that, and I am this, or I am as I am, or who am ‘I’, what am I , it  is ok  for beginners. But the seeker who becomes aware of the fact that ‘I’ is not self has to drop identifying the ‘I’ as self.  This is difficult task for the seekers in the beginning, but gradually when the mind becomes receptive; then it will start accepting the fact that ‘I’ is not the self, but formless witness is the self.

The one who thinks ‘I’ is the self is bound by illusory duality. The sense of ‘I’ - 'I am' the notion - that is I am the Self - it is a notion since it is not true, but one who feels it is true is bound by that feeling, since all his actions are colored by that notion that I am is the self – ‘I’ is the false entity within the false experience.
The mind includes the body and the whole universe.  Limiting the mind to the physical entity is the cause of the ego. Because of the identification with the false self, the ego becomes dominant. When ego is dominant the illusory duality becomes reality. The only way to ultimate truth,   is by realizing the soul or consciousness, as true self. 

"I" is not Self and Self is not 'I '. 'I ' is bound by form, time and space. Without the form, time and space 'I' cease to exist. Holding 'I’ as Self one remains in clutches of duality. When there is duality than there is ignorance. Ignorance is cause of experiencing the duality (illusion) as reality. The one who identifies the Self as 'I', will not be able to cross the threshold of duality. There is no point in saying 'I ' this or 'I AM THAT' because the 'self' is that which witnesses the 'I ' and the world together without the physical apparatus.