Thursday, September 27, 2012

The ‘I’ is the clue and study the nature of the ‘I’ and discover its source.***


Sage Sankara says: ~ there is no need to study the Scriptures, in order to realize the ultimate truth or Brahman
~ then why you indulge in studying the scriptures.

 Sage Sankara says: ~ there is no need to study philosophy, in order to realize the ultimate truth or Brahman
~then why you indulge in studying the philosophy.

Sage Sankara says: ~ there is no need to indulge rituals, in order to realize the ultimate truth or Brahman

~then why you indulge in rituals.

Sage Sankara says: ~ there is no need to indulge yoga, in order to realize the ultimate truth or Brahman

~then why you indulge in yoga.

Sage Sri, Sankara says the transparent Truth of the Self, which is hidden by the illusion, is to be attained through the instructions of a knower of Brahman, (Gnani)

~ then why you are sticking a Guru who is not a Gnani.

Sage Sri, Sankara says: ~ “The exercise in discrimination between real and unreal and renunciation of the false is real meditation, then  why you are indulging in other types of meditation.


Only your intense urge to know the truth will take you to the ultimate end,  but your accumulated knowledge will block you from realizing the truth, which is beyond the form, time, and space.
It is impossible the seeker to discard the ‘I’ because they are stuck up with the idea that ‘I’ itself is the Self.  In the past,  some famous Gurus and their teachings   glorified the ‘I’ people take it as a final and accepted it as the ultimate truth. Such acceptance without verifying the fact about the ‘I’, their journey is incomplete.  Blind acceptance and reverence to the guru will not help the seeker to get rid of the ignorance.

Firstly, doubt about this ‘I’, how it came into existence.   There are no other means to the final goal is  the realization of the source of the ‘I’.  There is a need to understand, assimilate and realize the nature of this ‘I’, which appears and disappears. 


It is erroneous to use word ‘I’ for the Self, because ‘I’ represents the form, time and space whereas the Soul, the innermost Self is formless, timeless and spaceless existence. 

Bhagavad Gita: ~ The permanent is always there, only the transient ‘I’ comes and goes. (2.18)

To understand the false nature of the ‘I’, the Self-knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana is necessary. 

 The Self is not ‘I’, but the Self is the Soul which is the witness of the ‘I’. By holding the’ Self’  ‘I' leads to hallucination based on the imagination.

Those who are stuck with the ‘I’ based teaching never be able to cross the domain of the form, time, and space.  

All the Gurus glorified the ‘I’. Thus, it becomes very difficult to discard the ‘I’. Those who have accepted the ‘I’ based teaching refuse to accept anything other than their accepted truth.Till you hold the ‘Self’ as the ‘I’, your knowledge remains skin deep.

The world in which you exist came into existence because of the ‘I’. The world, in which you exist cease to exist without the ‘I’.
Sage Sri Sankara: ~ “VC~ All this universe which through ignorance appears as of diverse forms, is nothing else but Brahman which is absolutely free from all the limitations of human thought”.
The ‘I’ is what the seeker begin his investigation. Perfect understanding of ‘what is what’ will help the seeker to reach the Soul, which is the Self.
Sage Sri, Sankara: ~ "VC~ if the universe be true, let it then be perceived in the state of deep sleep also. As it is not at all perceived, it must be unreal and false like dreams. 

 This universe is nothing but the Soul, which is present in the form of the consciousness.  From the Soul, the universe appears and when the universe disappears from the consciousness, the consciousness still remains without any division of the form, time, and space.

Ashtavakra Gita: ~ The universe rises from the Soul, the innermost Self like bubbles from the sea. Thus know the Self to be One and in this way enter into the state of dissolution."

To enable the seeker to steer clear of any possible doubt, the seeker should take the Atmic path.  The ‘I’ is the clue and study the nature of the ‘I’ and discover its source.