Saturday, August 18, 2012

‘I AM' is not Self and Self is not 'I AM'



Without overcoming the ignorance one is in the grip of form, time and space.  If self is in the grip of form, time and space, the duality will prevail as reality.   If duality prevails as reality the ignorance prevails.  If ignorance prevails the wisdom will not dawn.  Without wisdom detachment to attachment is impossibility. Liberation from experiencing duality as reality is absolutely impossible without Self-knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana. 


When one realizes the self is not ‘I’  or ‘I am’ but the self is the formless substance and witness of the ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ , he is freed from the attachment to result and then what ever he does it detached work. Similarly, when he recognizes that consciousness is everywhere and in everything in all the three states than that very recognition leads to a total dissolution of the ignorance and leads to self-awareness.

What is required is only nondual wisdom. All else follow. Without Self- Knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana self-awareness is impossible.  he feels he is the doer because of ignorance.  The doer ship and doing belongs to individuality. Individuality is falsehood from the ultimate standpoint because the self is not an individual entity; it pervades the whole of the illusion, which is in the form of the universe. universe appears as waking or dream(duality) and disappears as deep sleep(non-duality). 

Self is nothing more than a mental idea within the falsehood, how can one surrender to his own mental idea, as surrender itself means dropping of the inborn conditioning or samskara of ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ by realizing ‘I’ or I AM’ is not the self but the self is the soul. the soul is in the form of consciousnessConsciousness is the  formless substance and witness of the ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ is the true self. 'I' or 'I AM' is inborn conditioning or samskara.

I AM' is not Self and Self is not 'I AM'. 'I AM' is bound by form, time and space. Without the form, time and space 'I AM' cease to exist. Holding ' I Am as Self one remains in clutches of duality. When there is duality than there is ignorance. Ignorance is cause of experiencing the duality (illusion) as reality. The person who identifies Self as 'I AM' will not be able to cross the threshold of duality. There is no point in saying 'I AM' this or 'I AM THAT' because the 'self' is that which witness the 'I AM' and the world together without the physical apparatus.

Nothing works unless one knows the true self is not the form but formless consciousness. Once one knows the formless true self as it is, everything naturally falls in place. When one knows the formless true self, then he is free and automatically detached mentally from illusion, because there remains no second thing other than consciousness to get attached.


Self is the “Soul”. The soul is in the form of consciousness. The consciousness pervades in everything and everywhere in all the three states. Consciousness is essentially the Self Luminous in everything that exists in waking or dream because the consciousness is the formless substance and witness of the three states.

The consciousness is the cause of everything that exists and it itself is uncaused. The self is the soul.  The Soul is in the form of consciousness.  Thus consciousness is ultimate truth or Brahman, knowing which one is free from experiencing the duality as reality.