Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Self-knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana is meant only for those who have intense urge, and courage to accept the truth with humility and reject the untruth.



Self-Knowledge  or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana  is meant only for those who have intense urge, and courage to accept the truth with humility and reject the untruth. Since people start comparing with their scriptural knowledge, it becomes impossible to assimilate and realize the non-dual truth.   Therefore, there is no need to convince anyone other than our own-selves to get the firm conviction.  

In pursuit of truth seeker has to use his reason in order to have knowledge and understanding.  First one must become aware of the fact that, ‘I’ is not the self and realize the fact that holding ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ as self is obstruction his realization.    This is possible only when one becomes aware of the fact that ‘I’ is not limited to body but to the whole world confronting him. 

The seekers only goal is to remove all the obstacles which his blocking his realization.  Thus whatever blocks his realization has to be mentally discarded to realize the ultimate truth or Brahman.    Orthodox or theist non-duality is no means to self-realization. 

Just as a ripened fruit separates effortlessly from the tree and falls, the seeker who is ripened and matured, will be able to grasp the non dual truth.

Truth realization takes place when one becomes aware of the fact that ‘I’ is not the self and start identifying with the formless soul or consciousness the innermost Self. Identifying with   ‘I am this (form) and replacing it with ‘I am that (formless), does not get to the root of the problem of false identification because the self is not limited to the ego or waking entity but it pervades all the three states as their formless substance. By limiting ‘I’ or ‘I AM to the waking entity saying ‘I AM not this body but ‘I AM THAT is erroneous.  When the self is neither the waking entity nor the dream entity but the self is the formless witness of the three states and it is always apart from the three states. It is apart because it is not an entity or identity or thing in waking or dream. Thus the self has to be mentally grasped. It cannot be identified with words like ‘I’ or ‘I AM.    

Thinking, ‘I am a person who has renounced’ is only mental imagination because ‘I’ exist only in realm of duality. In realm of truth transcends the ‘I’ and such imagination. Only through self-awareness one becomes free from ‘I’, which is cause of the ignorance. And ignorance is cause of experiencing illusion as reality.  Experiencing illusion as reality is cause of experiencing the birth, life, death and the world as reality.  Thus getting rid of the ‘I’ or ‘I AM leads to Self-Awareness. 

The seeker has to follow up his deeper self-search and get rid of the inborn samskara or conditioning, which is present as ‘I’ or ‘I AM’. There is no need of buying reading material or hearing the sermons and running to one place to another or one guru to another or surrendering to any guru or glorifying any guru in order to acquire self-knowledge.    

   Most people have a complex "I know". Unless one gives up the “I know” business   he can’t get rid of the ideas "which are full of contradictions" to the Truth seeker. But those who do not want the truth do not see the contradictions and are satisfied with their accepted truth.
Dualist sages could not distinguish between ‘I’ and ‘formless witness.’ The 'I' was the witness. Their highest was the Jiva. One is so much attached to the 'I' that he do not want to think that 'I' does not exist. Again one is unable to detach the ‘I’ from the Real witness. 

Most of the modern Gurus are also stuck with ‘I’ awareness as self-awareness. The ‘I’ awareness is present only when the mind is present. Mind is present only when the universe is present. Universe is present only when the waking or dream is present.   The ‘I’ awareness is absent when the mind is absent. Mind is absent than the universe or waking or dream is absent. Thus ‘I’ awareness is mere illusion.   The self-awareness is ‘I- LESS AWARENESS.  Thus ‘I’ AM THAT or self is ‘I’ without the body is erroneous because ‘I’ itself is illusion and ‘I’ exists only in the realm of the illusion or duality.  

  By deeper thinking and realizing the self is not the form but self  is formless consciousness and mentally shifting the attention from the objectified subject to the formless subject ,which is consciousness the inner most self. By realizing the formless consciousness as the inner most self, one realizes the consciousness alone exists the three states are mere mirage created out of consciousness.   Thus the three states are unreal created out of consciousness, which alone is real.    

The one who discriminates between the Real and the unreal, whose focus of attention is turned away from the illusory physical existence, who possesses calmness and who is longing for freedom from experiencing the illusion as reality, is alone considered qualified to take path of reason.

People who are yearning for spiritual truth will not find it through intellectual speculation and assumption. Intellectual truth is individual truth.