Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I AM' is bound by form, time and space



A true aspirant is not content with the knowledge of spiritual realities based on hearsay... he insists on the direct knowledge."
He who knows the 'thoughts and words are one in essence and that essence is consciousness. consciousness(soul) is the knower of ultimate truth or Brahman. A Gnani is one who has realized the highest Truth, has entered into the realm of consciousness, by burning away the accumulated egocentric dross, which was cause of ignorance. Hence he is free from experiencing the illusion as reality.

In the realm of truth consciousness has no seed of ignorance for illusion. For when mirage is superimposed on consciousness has merged in the consciousness on the discrimination of the real and the unreal , it does not appear again as real to those discriminating people, just as before, from the impressions of past persisting in the intellect.-

The real Moksha or freedom is to realize the fact that ‘I’ consciousness is mere physical awareness. Physical awareness is not self-awareness. The self –awareness is when the formless soul or consciousness remains aware of its own non-dual true nature.

YOGA VASISHTA:- The mind, the intellect, the senses, etc. are all the play of Consciousness. They are unreal and seem to exist only due to lack of insight. 
 
 I AM' is not Self and Self is not 'I AM'. 'I AM' is bound by form, time and space. Without the form, time and space 'I AM' cease to exist. Holding ' I Am as Self one remains in clutches of duality. When there is duality than there is ignorance. Ignorance is cause of experiencing the duality (illusion) as reality. The person who identifies Self as 'I AM' will not be able to cross the threshold of duality. There is no point in saying 'I AM' this or 'I AM THAT' because the 'self' is that which witness the 'I AM' and the world together without the physical apparatus.
  -FORMLESS PATH