Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just as a ripened fruit separates effortlessly from the tree and falls, the seeker who is ripened and matured in his understanding , will be able to grasp the non-dual truth.





Just as a ripened fruit separates effortlessly from the tree and falls, the seeker who is ripened and matured in his understanding , will be able to grasp the non-dual truth.

Truth realization takes place when one becomes aware of the fact that,  ‘I’ is not self and start identifying with the formless Self. Giving up one physical identity such as ‘I am this and replacing it with another ‘I am that, does not get to the root of the problem of false identification.

I’ is not Self and Self is not 'I '. 'I ' is bound by form, time and space. Without the form, time and space 'I' cease to exist. Holding 'I’ as Self one remains in clutches of duality. When there is duality than there is ignorance. Ignorance is cause of experiencing the duality (illusion) as reality. The one who identifies the Self as 'I', will not be able to cross the threshold of duality. There is no point in saying 'I ' this or 'I AM THAT' because the 'self' is that which witnesses the 'I ' and the world together without the physical apparatus.

People speak of getting rid of conditioning or samskara but they themselves are unaware of the fact that, the universe in which they exist is product of the inborn samskara or conditioning.  The ignorance is cause of the inborn samskara or conditioning which present as ‘I’ or ‘I AM’. 

The real Moksha or freedom is   to realize the fact that ‘I’ consciousness is mere physical awareness. Physical awareness is not self-awareness. The self –awareness is when the formless soul or consciousness remains aware of its own non-dual   true nature.

The earliest ancient sages used the word ‘I’ to the witness of the three states not to the ego as moderns use it and think the ‘I’ without the body is self. The seeker has to understand the fact that the fact that ‘i’ is not the self but the witness of the ‘I’ is the true self, which is eternal. 

People think that the ‘soul’ or ‘spirit’ is something different from the mind. They believe that the mind is really two. This is the confusion among religionists and intellectuals. If ‘Soul’ has any meaning, if ‘spirit’ has any meaning, so long as one thinks of them, they are merely ideas. No, Mind is the highest: it is consciousness, non-dual wisdom.

The individual is a bundle of memories, desires within the waking or dream. The memories and desires are part of the duality. Therefore the individual self is entirely part and parcel of the mirage. Peoples ideas of that they will go to some world after death, some astral plane or religious heavens will disappear as nonsense with the disappearance of belief in the reality of the ‘I’.  





Thinking, ‘I am a person who has renounced’ is only mental imagination. In realm of truth transcends such imagination. Only remaining in the non-duality, which is the natural state, is true renunciation, the nature of liberation. 

It is not thinking repeatedly, ‘I am someone who has renounced the worldly life’. Therefore, not thinking is a far superior renunciation to thinking. Like the thought, ‘I am caught in bondage’, the thought, ‘I am one who is free from bondage’ indicates the delusion of regarding the self as being limited to the body. When that delusion is destroyed, along with it, both of this ignorance will cease. Unless the ‘I am the body’ belief is present, there can be no possibility of overcoming the illusory experience of duality. This it is necessary to know what is mind/’I’ and what is substance of mind(’I’). 

So long as one thinks, “I am in bondage”, thoughts of liberation and bondage will remain because one is still in the experience of duality (waking or dream). When one analysis the three states, then one becomes aware mentally of the formless witness of the three states.” On the standpoint of the formless witness, the three states are mere mirage.  And the formless witness which is the soul/ the true Self alone remains, eternally free, where the duality cannot exist.’


The general supposition amongst most religionists is that renouncing the worldly life demonstrates one’s commitment to following the spiritual path full time, and by extension, somehow makes it easier to meditate and realize the Self. However, inner renunciation was more important than outer renunciation.  Renunciation of worldly life is not a qualification in pursuit of truth.   The serious seeker who is a householder can get non dual wisdom.’ Living a normal life as a holder is not a disadvantage in making spiritual progress. 


Non-dual Peace can never be attained by one who subjects himself to ignorance by embracing the waking/experience as reality. Suffering or fear will never be experienced by the one who renounces this ignorance, and reaches the source of the three states.