Friday, December 11, 2009

The self is not the ‘I’. 'I' is the mental prison. 'I' itself is ignorance. 'I' itself is duality. 'I' itself is illusion.




By inquiring WHO AM I?  it unfold the fallacy of the form thus only half the truth is revealed. The ignorant who fail to apprehend the ‘self’ are caught in the web of illusion experience, the birth, life, death and world as reality.  The people who think the ‘I’ or ‘I AM’ as self are caught up in the web of duality experiences the pain and pleasure as reality.    

The self is not the ‘I’. 'I' is the mental prison. 'I' itself is ignorance. 'I' itself is duality. 'I' itself is illusion.   

‘I’ is present in the form of mind. The origin of mind is soul. The mind is present in the form of the universe. The soul is present in the form of consciousness.  The root of the universe is consciousness. 


The origin of mind is the soul. The soul is the innermost Self. The formless soul is present in the form of consciousness. 


The mind is in the form of the universe. The mind comes and goes as waking or dream.  Ego or physical entity does not become steady in one place and it is restless in its nature.

Self-knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana cannot be surmised by merely reading the Vedas and Upanishads.


Urge to know the truth arises from the innermost source. The source is the soul. The mind and its substance and the source are one in essence.  The mind or universe is the product of ignorance.   The true nature of the mind or universe can be recognized with power of discrimination.

Discrimination between the eternal and non- eternal is necessary in order to acquire self –knowledge or Brahma Gnana or Atma Gnana.